RPunion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New RP idea? Y/N?

5 posters

Go down

New RP idea? Y/N? Empty New RP idea? Y/N?

Post  Arashi Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:34 pm

Hey guys. I've had an idea for a while and wanted your opinions on it.

The information:
N.I.G.H.T.M.A.R.E
A game that a group of teens once made up one night when they were bored. And it’s the kind of game where nightmares come to life. The game was created to ease boredom, to find something to do, but it soon led into something that became a matter for survival. Well, from midnight to dawn, it’s all about survival. In order to ensure protection, silver bracelets with a special kind of liquid that signifies that only those part of the game are allowed to be touched. Children, women, and even men who aren’t wearing the bracelet are free from the game. N.I.G.H.T.M.A.R.E, at first, didn’t pose a real threat. It was just a kind of virtual reality; however, now as time passed by, it actually became a reality. If people die, they die. No questions asked about it. Once a person has accepted the terms of the game, there was no going back and the person’s family must accept their death.

Within the game, once a person ‘levels up’, they develop an ability that will allow them to survive a bit longer. When they reach the highest level, they become marked by one of the Four Symbols (of the Chinese constellations): Suzaku of the Vermillion Bird, Seiryuu of the Azure Dragon, Byakko of the White Tiger, and Genbu of the Black Tortoise. When a person is marked with one of these symbols, it means that they are deemed as one of the strongest within the game - and the most likely opponent of one of the nine Chosens.

The goal of N.I.G.H.T.M.A.R.E is clear: fight, survive, and reach the ARK.

ARK
ARK is a program that ends N.I.G.H.T.M.A.R.E. It has been developed by the original plotters so that once someone reaches the goal, everything will end forever. However, once the Chosens had gotten their hands on it, they reprogrammed it so that the nightmares will actually become real, solid. Something that can actually kill. The ARK is the only key to ending it all. But there’s a catch to who is allowed to activate the program. Only one of the Four that has been marked is allowed to activate it and reprogram it. With that, the one who is able to activate the program will be known as the Grandmaster.

Chosen
A group of nine people who had managed to grab hold of the ARK and reprogrammed it to make nightmares become a true reality. No one knows how they truly look like, other that they have bright, gold eyes. The Chosen are said to be the strongest of them all. They are based off of each letter within the word N.I.G.H.T.M.A.R.E. Each letter they have represents their names. They are players within the game, being the ones to reinvent it, but they do not directly take part in it. They stick to the shadows as the other players fight; however, if there’s something that interests them, they will take part in it.

Ascension
Based on the name of the person, if they can beat the game, then they can challenge the Chosen of that letter. If they can defeat them, they will take the position of the letter. If they wish to continue higher, they can challenge the rest of the Chosens. If they can defeat the other eight, then they may challenge one of the four Symbols. If they can defeat the Symbol, then they can ascend to that position.

ie. Say the person’s name is Rae . . . if she beats the game, she’ll have the choice to challenge the Chosen of R. If she defeats them, then she can take the position. If she wants to go higher, then she’ll need to defeat the other eight Chosens of N.I.G.H.T.M.A.R.E. If she can defeat them, then she gets to choose which of the four Symbols she wants to challenge. If she defeats them, then she is the new Symbol.

Monsters that occasionally show up:
Zombies from Resident Evil
Necromorphs from Dead Space

Also, nightmares will come to life in this.
Arashi
Arashi

Back to top Go down

New RP idea? Y/N? Empty Re: New RP idea? Y/N?

Post  Colormyworld Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:27 pm

This sounds amazing. It's so elaborate and just awesome. I like how you've incorporated Japanese mythology. My only question is how precisely the characters fight the nightmares. Whatever the answer is, it won't impact the level of awesome. I'm just curious.

Colormyworld
Colormyworld
Admin

https://rpunion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:06 pm

The characters will be provided weapons - or sometimes, powers - that will help them fight off the nightmares. One way to get rid of the nightmares is to, well, fight it and kill it since it'll take an actual physical form. That's one way of getting rid of it forever, but of course, another way to actually end the nightmare is to get to the ARK. Otherwise, just keep on fighting with the weapons and/or powers.

And since we're sort of on the topic of fighting nightmares, here are ways to kill the zombies and necromorphs.

Zombies: Shoot them in the head. Plain and simple.

Necromorphs: They're tougher to kill because 1) they're stronger and smarter than the zombies, 2) the only way to kill them is to tear them apart completely. Tear apart their limbs until they're dead. That's the one, true way to kill them off.
Arashi
Arashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Colormyworld Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:14 pm

Very interesting. Assuming everyone else is interested, I think you might want to consider assigning powers/weapons to people. Totally your choice, though.
Colormyworld
Colormyworld
Admin

https://rpunion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:14 pm

Well, depending on if everyone else is interested in this, I'll wait first. 8D; I don't want to necessarily assign anyone weapons/powers unless it's fine with them first.
Arashi
Arashi

Back to top Go down

Post  Naito Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:09 pm

That sounds like a good idea. As for the weapons/powers . . . how about each character gets a simple weapon and a basic power. Then, as they 'level up' their weapon and power will upgrade.
Naito
Naito

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuro Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:22 pm

I think this is an awesome idea. I'm all for it!
Kuro
Kuro

Back to top Go down

Post  Kai Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:15 pm

This sounds awesome!
Kai
Kai

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuro Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:55 am

Just wondering when you're going to open this Arashi... I can't wait. ^_^
Kuro
Kuro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down